Saturday, September 15, 2007

In blogger land, what is it that you do when you've been a crappy blogger, and you want to write something - it's been too long for a true catch-up. I think I'll just start with right now.

My hubby and I just got back from our anniversary trip to San Clemente, CA. It was, in a word, perfect. Great friends, great weather, great time! JM and I never thought we would be caught saying "I miss California already - I'm ready to go back"! Being around Christie again was as fun as I thought it would be, and it was truly enjoyable to see her as a pregnant lady. She even neglected making her bed, just so we could still be friends - what a gal! Plus, I feel WAY better about the way I become a space cadet while pregnant, because for a girl who's always got it all together, she was dingin' out the whole time we were there.

OK, so I have to brag on me a little. We went skydiving at Lake Elsinore, and I REALLY DID IT!!!!! It was such an undescribable experience - I wish I could explain it, but I can't. I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 12,500 ft, and freefell for almost a minute. My mind keeps flashing back to "that" moment, on my knee in the open door of the plane, then just jumping out, and flying. It was so unreal that I sorta can't believe I did it. Thank goodness I have pictures.

And then there's that uncanny ability Christie has in drawing dead people out to plant themselves right across the street from wherever we are - it's almost scary to be friends with that chick! Seriously, we had been in our hotel room a grand total of 45 minutes, door to the balcony wide open, enjoying the ocean breeze. We were dozing in and out of nap mode, when JM hears some "radio traffic" down below. We look out to see a guy sprawled out on the lawn across the street, with a lifeguard doing CPR on him. I'll hand it to the paramedics, they handled themselves very well, no rush, no panic, just another day doing a crappy job in the most beautiful setting. In true California fashion, "dudes" were just strolling by with their surfboards, riding their bikes, walking their dogs - nobody seemed miffed. Gross and weird that my first pics in Cali were of the dead guy across the street.

Anyway, the trip was such a nice break from reality, and it's been tough to get back in the swing of things. My hubby was so funny, and all of us laughed so hard. Now, see why I have abs of steel (tee hee)! It was like the trip was full of catch phrases, like we were in our own little movie. Who will ever forget "Ola Beaches!!!!" as we entered the nice Mexican restaurant Christie had been wanting to try out. And the tune "lalalalalalalalala" (you had to be there). And this late October's festivities will be much more enjoyable now with "Howmaweem", "full mooms", and such. GAH!!! we miss Christie and Brian so much....

3 comments:

Killjoy said...

Sniffle sniffle. Seriously, I miss y'all like mad already. Just when I'd almost gotten over it from three months ago!

So proud of you on the skydiving, too. Next time, I'm in! Well, maybe.

I think you should come back end of Dec or maybe Jan. Then I can come see you (with the kidS!) in Feb. Then we'll talk summer plans.

Miss you!

oh, and don't forget "witcheses"

rmeman said...

Hola Beeeeechez!!!

Dis hamoweems gwan be real bad in da mow-tans. I heah days lots uh gomblets and haintys roun heah!! Oh Lawdy! I's gwan stay de haws!!!!

Killjoy said...

Gomblets! OMG,YG, you are so drunk.