Monday, January 21, 2008

What's it called?

My sweet, adorable, two-year-old son. We are in the midst of potty training, so we are spending lots of "personal" time together, me on his level, eye-to-eye, you know. So I'm wearing a new blouse he hasn't seen on me before. It's smooth and silky and while he's sitting on the potty facing me he notices it, and starts rubbing my arms saying "oooooooo". His hands make it to the front of me, and stop dead-still, as he looks in my eyes and grins impishly. Hands on Mom's tata's, he says "I like your penis!", to which I reply "those are my breasts", and then his response - "you have cool breasts!"

Why, thank you. I think? I have come a long way in 5 years. When SJ was his age, she was in the bathtub and noticed hers, asking me about them. I said "yep, you'll have some like Mommy's one day". My daughter's response - "yeah, but mine won't be long like yours, Mommy".

Where did I put that number to the plastic surgeon?
There is no pride nor shame allowed in motherhood.

3 comments:

Killjoy said...

Oh Em Gee! I love Melly!

Diann McDuffie said...

I'm glad you stopped by to visit! The ostrich gimp is fairly easy to sew on, you just have to make sure you don't get it caught in the presser foot. I'd love to see pics when you're done! We're also in LA--Fairhope. What about you?

suckitup-buttercup said...

I grew up in Geneva, and my Mom now lives in Dothan. We now live in Dahlonega, GA. I'm gonna try to post some pics...